Pastor Harry Snook 
Pastor T. Daniel VanLuven 
Pastor Rob Rainville
Roadside Chapel has been serving the Rutland, Vermont, area for over sixty years.  The history of the church goes back to 1953 when a small group of people began cottage prayer meetings. Soon they were holding evening meetings above McClellan’s Drug Store in downtown Rutland.
In 1954, the first pastor, Harry Snook, purchased land at 42 Woodstock Avenue. In 1956, the church was incorporated with the State of Vermont. Later that year, construction of the first building known as Roadside Chapel was started.  The first service was held in the new building in October.
September of 1962 saw the arrival of the second pastor when Dan and Ruth VanLuven arrived. Following their arrival, the church saw considerable growth, as it expanded its ministries to include Beth Shalom and other ministries, including a bookstore. In May 1977, the church purchased land on Town Line Road for possible future expansion.  The result of that purchase was the completion and first services in a new, larger facility at 1680 Town Line Road on October 6, 1991. The continued growth of the church resulted in the arrival of Pastor Rob and Denise Rainville as Assistant Pastor during the summer of 1997.
Upon Pastor Dan’s resignation in December of 2004, Pastor Rob was voted in as Senior Pastor.  The church celebrated its 50th anniversary of being incorporated in 2006, including a concert with Sara Groves, who is the granddaughter of the founding pastor. The stained glass light story that hangs in the lobby was unveiled at that time.
The Assemblies of God fellowship celebrated it’s 100th anniversary in the summer of 2014.  Delighted with where the Lord has brought us, we believe that our best years are ahead of us and look forward to being a part of His Story!